Monica Elias Design
In March 1998 with over 50 design awards and more than 10 years of corporate experience I started Monica Elias Design. I provide a comprehensive design service creating corporate logos, cd covers, catalogs, web pages and more.
Client list includes: Reuters, Pfizer, Doubleday, Wunderman Cato Johnson, AstraZeneca, Little Brown, Absolut Vodka, Workman, Guideposts. Recent web sites include www.susanbranch.com and www.pavanallc.com.
Senior Art Director for Book Development Department. During my tenure, BOMC original books program grew from 10 titles a year to over 120 titles a year. My responsibilities were to:
New York, NY 10/89 3/98
Before concentrating on the original books program, I oversaw the design of catalogs for 4 different book clubs, print advertisements and direct mail.
- Art direct/design all book covers for BOMC, including 6 different book series ranging from History Classics to Erotic Library
- Design and produce interiors of illustrated books and 4 calendars a year
- Manage full time assistant, numerous packagers, designers, artists and freelancers
- Handle retouching, color-correcting and image manipulation. All mechanicals are completely digital
- Function as liaison between creative, editorial and production
- Stay in contact with printers as I had taken on more of the responsibility for image processing
- Work with artists/designers creating book related merchandise (bookends, book stands, CDs, cassettes etc)
- Maintain proficiency in latest versions of QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, and working knowledge of html
BANTAM DOUBLEDAY DELL
Designer, Marketing Department. 10/87-10/89
WARNER AUDIO. A WARNER COMMUNICATIONS CO.
Senior Designer. 9/86-6/87
Assisted 8-person creative group working on Beecham products. 5/85-9/86
Freelance work on annual reports; Warner Bros., Silver Screen, and Chase Manhattan Bank.
Supervisor of 12-person night shift in type shop. Clients included The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Scholastic and Times Mirror Magazines. 6/84-5/85
LYNN HOLLYN ASSOCIATES
Design Apprentice. Collaborated on design for Lynn Hollynıs Town and Country Cat Calendar and book, book
covers and logos. Summer 82
Over 50 AIGA, Creativity, COMMUNICATION ARTS, PRINT, 100 SHOW,and DESI awards. Article in Photo/Design Magazine (1/92), Graphic Design U.S.A. (1/94), and one of my illustrated books was highlighted in Newsweek Magazine (Fall 1995).
WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY Middletown, CT 1980-1984 B.A. Fine Arts. Honors.
TYLER SCHOOL OF ART Rome, Italy Junior year. Concentrated on painting and Baroque architecture.